Understanding bank | This is the sense that many banks made reference in the sense of knowing the bank, well here are some notions of the bank according to the experts who could be made to supplement your knowledge:
1. Understanding the bank according to Dr. B.N. Ajuha is somewhere to channel capital from those who can not be used in the process of penguntungan to those who can make it seem more productive to give an advantage to the community.
2. Understanding the bank according to G.M. Verryn Stuart is a business entity whose existence to satisfy all the needs of others by way of giving credit in the form of money that he received from the other though with how to add new money as coins or paper money.
3. Understanding bank according to Pierson is a business entity that can receive credit but can’t give credit where its operational passive for just by accepting a deposit of money.
4. Understanding the bank according to Drs. h. Melayu S.P. Hasibuan is a wealth of business entities including financial assets and profit as well as patterned social so banks aren’t just looking for a good thing.
5. Understanding the bank according to the law No. 10 In 1998, is a business entity that collects the funds derived from the community in the form of deposits and distribute to the public in the form of credit or in the form of another to improve the livelihood of many people.
About the meaning of the bank then it is certain that everyone has understood, well that never get education in school or who never sekolahpun certainly know the meaning of the bank. Although not all people have savings in the bank, but the bank often encountered in our daily lives, such as advertising on TV ad shows a lot of banks, or are travelling we can see the bank building.
I think we all agree that the meaning of a bank is a place we are saving money or saving, and also as a place to be able to borrow money. In this article, will be discussed about the notion of a bank with a full, origin of the word bank, began to sense the bank in General, and the sense of the bank according to the law of the Government.
The origin of the word bank is Italy’s banca which means money. In General, that the notion of a bank is a financial intermediation generally is established by having the authority to accept deposits of money, killed lend money, and issue a promissory note or known banknote.
As for the notion of the bank according to the legislation of the Republic of Indonesia No. 10 of 1998 on 10 November 1998 concerning banking, is meant as a bank is a business entity that collects funds from society which forms as deposits and can be passed on to the community in the form of credit and other forms of order to improve people’s livelihood.
From an understanding of the bank according to the laws of the country of INDONESIA number 10 in 1998 then the conclusion that banking business includes three activities, i.e. to raise funds, distribute funds, and provide services to other banks. Collect and distribute funds activity is an activity of principal bank as for the provided services to other banks is just as supporting activities. Activities to raise funds, in the form of raising funds originating from the community in the form of savings, checking, and simpana deposits. Usually punctuated the granting of interest such as retribution, gifts and flowers as an inducement for people to be happy to save money. The activity of distributing funds, such as the granting of loans to the public. Banking services while the other is given in support of all the major activity for smoothness.
B. types of Banks
1. The Central Bank of the bank in charge of issuing coins and banknotes as a means of payment is valid in a country and can maintain the money conversion to gold or silver or both.
2. Public Bank is a bank that not only can lend or invest the savings of all kinds which have been acquired, but could also provide a loan by creating its own form of money giral.
3. The people of the people’s Bank (BPR) which is a bank that does business activities by means of conventional or Islamic principles on the basis of its activities could not provide services on payment traffic.
4. Islamic banks are banks that can operate on the basis of the principles for the appropriate rule result Islamic teachings regarding the law of usury.
C. Functioning Of The Bank
1. Gather funds in order to perform its function as the collecting bank then has a number of funding sources that outline three main sources, namely:
a. the funds that come from the bank’s own capital at the time of deposit of the establishment.
b. funds from society at large have been collected through the banking business such as business checking deposits, tabanas and deposits.
c. Funds stemming from financial institutions that have been retrieved from the loan funds as liquidity and Credit Call Money (money that can be withdrawn at any time by the bank the borrower) and can meet the requirements. Maybe you’ve never heard of some of the banks have been liquidated or suspended efforts to his bank, one of the causes of these conditions is because of the many ongoing credit problems or crashes.
2. Contracting funds that have been collected by the bank can be channeled to the community with the form of granting credit, purchase of securities, participation, and possession of the property remains.
3. Waiter Services Bank in carrying out duties as a waiter in payment traffic, then do all kinds of activities such as remittances, inkaso, credit cards, checks and other services.
As for the specifics of banks could function to be agent of the trust, agent of develovment and agent of services.
1. Dealer/lender Bank on its activities rather than just deposit funds have been obtained, but also for its utilization can bank redistributes in the form of a credit to the community’s wish to require fresh funds in his efforts. Of course on the implementation of this function is then expected banks to get the source of income for the results or in the form of the granting of credit interest. Granting credit may pose risks, therefore his deed must be absolutely meticulous
1. Agent Of Trust
The institution based upon trust. A cornerstone of the activities of the perbankkan trust, both collectors of funds or pendistribusi funds. The community will want to keep their funds in the bank if based upon trust. This function will wake up the trust, either from the bank or from the funds of the keeper, and this belief continued to the debtor. This belief is very important because in this State was built so all parties would like to be able to benefit both from the diversion of funds and holding funds or for the recipient pendistribusi the Fund.
2. Agent Of Development
I.e. the institution that moves funds in economic development. The activities of the bank in the form of collecting and pendistribusi funds will be indispensable for lancarnya an activity in real sector of economy. The activities of the bank makes possible communities can undertake an investment activity, the activities of distribution, as well as the consumption of goods and services, given that the investment activities, distribution and consumption could not be released from the use of the money. Smooth investment activities, distribution, and consumption are economic development activities for the community.
3. Agent Of Services
The institutions that move the funds for economic development. In addition to the activity of collecting and disbursing the funds, the bank can also provide quotes for other banking services to masyarakan. Services offered the bank coupled with economic activities in society in General.
D. Reform Of The Bank
Package June 1983 is banking that a policy has been issued on June 1, 1983, known as packet non ceiling policy, meaning that it has been free of banking conditions the upper limit (ceiling) for interest rates. This means that banks can determine the interest rate that will be offered to the community in accordance with the reasoning alone. Banks can offer credit at low interest rates and sebalikmua banks could offer interest rates on savings or deposits with the price ceiling. Consideration in the determination of interest rates that is returned to the bank in accordance with each of the prnsip economy in the form of guarantee the viability of the bank.
Fine points of banking deregulation policies 1 June 1983, which are:
1. Launched credit (ceiling policy) exempt means any bank can hold its credit expansion is appropriate management of every bank on the basis of the bank’s loanable funds had had enough.
2. the Loanable funds originating from bank Indonesia liquidity and credit (KLBI) that are restricted and can only be given for any credit that is a priority.
3. Each bank is free to determine the level of interest in the deposits and interest for the loan.
PAK TO 1988
The policy package kebjakan June 1, 1983 in terms of mobilizing funds and spur increased efficiency for a resumption of banking deregulation in the banking field. Indeed, one of the goals in the field of banking deregulation and that is creating a climate which triggered a healthy business competition among many in improving the efficiency of its business activities.
In early 1988, the State of the economy in Indonesia has improved. This will encourage pemerntah to continue and further extending the area of banking deregulation policy that with the promulgation of the policy package, October 27, 1998 (pakto 1988) which was the beginning of “liberalisation in the banking sector”.
The purpose of the 1988 pakto namely:
a. Increased the movement of funds and allocation of funds
b. optimization of utilization of financial and banking institutions to function as a means in transactions which may encourage the export of non-oil and gas exports
c. the onset of increased efficiency and ease in bank establishments
d. The control of monetary policy as well as the emergence of a climate of development in the capital markets.
In general the purpose of a planned deregulation can be concluded that:
a. Simplification process all kinds of economic activity.
b. Emphasis fees non productive on areas of the economy.
c. Efficiency of institutions of economic actors.
d. Reduction of government intervention for the economy
e. increase the role of the private sector which added to the economy.
f. strives to enhance the competitiveness of existing products in the country in order to compete in the international economic scene.
Thus information on understanding banks and their functions | Hopefully the information regarding the understanding of the bank and its functions can provide benefit in adding insights about understanding banks and their functions.